*Since this is the first season in a new venue, the league will review these rules at the Holiday break and make adjustments if required.
Regular Season Rules
- Regular season games are allotted 1 hour each, 20-25 minutes each half.
- A team will consist of 4 players and a goalie (5 total) during competition.
- There is no offside rule and substitutions are made on the fly.
- Teams may pick up players from other Teams if they are short, but the opposition is awarded 1 goal for each half played by the pick-up.
- Call-up players from a spares list and Goalies do not cost a goal.
- All kicks are indirect, which includes kick-ins from the sidelines.
- Six (6) feet of space is required between the ball and the opposing team during an indirect kick.
- Goalies can:
-handle the ball within the 3-point arc
-put balls into play using their hands
-pick up direct passes from their teammates
-leave their arc, cross half and score goals, but only with their feet
-never drop-kick (full-volley) the ball
- Penalty shots are contested between a single player and a goalie and the play is dead following the shot.
- A player may be asked to sub out by the ref if they are being too aggressive or reckless.
- If a yellow card is given, the player must sit out the remainder of the game and their team plays 2 minutes short-handed.
- If a red card is given, the player must sit out a one-game suspension and their team must play 2 minutes short-handed.
- Fines may be given to yellow/red card offenders in addition to their suspensions, at the commissioner's discretion.
Differing Cup Rules
- Cup games are allotted a half an hour, 20-25 minutes each, no halves.
- A team will consist of 3 players and a goalie (4 total) during competition.
- Games can end in a tie.
- All other rules apply.