2016-17 Indoor League Rules
- Regular season games are allotted 1 hour each, 20-25 minutes each half.
- Teams are awarded 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie.
- Teams may pick up players if they are short, but the opposition is awarded 1 goal for each half played by the pick-up.
- There is no offside rule and substitutions are made on the fly.
- All kicks are indirect, which includes kick-ins from the sidelines.
- Six (6) feet of space is required between the ball and the opposing team during an indirect kick.
- The back walls and folding walls are in play; while the sidelines (outer black lines), ceiling, baskets, stage, and stands are out of play.
- No sliding, lounging or playing the ball while down on the floor.
- Penalty shots are taken from the top of the three-point arc. Penalty shots are contested between a single player and a goalie and play is dead after the shot.
- Goalies may handle the ball within the 3-point arc, and put balls into play using their hands. They can never drop-kick (full-volley) the ball.
- Goalies can pick up direct passes from their teammates but cannot place the ball down themselves and then pick it back up before another player has touched it.
- Goalies can leave their arc and score goals, but only with their feet and they cannot cross half.
- Due to the fast pace of the game, not every foul will be seen by the ref, so self-regulation and honesty is appreciated.
- Ball-to-Hand vs. Hand-to-Ball. The action moves quickly and the ball will come into contact with players’ arms/hands; a foul will only be called if the player impedes the play intentionally or their arm was extended away from their body.
- A player may be asked to sub out for a break by the ref if they are being too aggressive or reckless. If things escalate the following cards may be issued:
- Blue - player must sit while their team plays 1 minute shorthanded
- Yellow - player must sit out the remainder of the game and their team plays 2 minutes short-handed
- Red - player must sit out for at minimum a one-game suspension and their team must play 5 minutes short-handed
- Fines may be given to yellow/red card offenders in addition to their suspensions, at the league's discretion.